About Clifton Medical Practice
Part of the Clifton Community Health Services, Clifton Medical Practice is a Bulk Billing practice, proudly providing high quality health services to the Clifton and district community. We are a GPA Accredited Practice and are certified by Queensland Rural Medical Education (QRME) and General Practitioners Training Queensland (GPTQ) as an Accredited Primary Rural and Remote teaching post in accordance with the standards published by The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.
Our mission is to provide the highest standard of patient care incorporating a holistic approach toward diagnosis and management of illness.
This practice is committed to promoting wellness and disease prevention to all patients. We do not discriminate in the provision of excellent care and aim to treat all patients with due respect.
Getting the most from Your Appointment
1. Have a clear idea of what you hope to cover.
2. A list of all the medication you are taking, including prescription, non-prescription and herbal. Check the number of repeat scripts you still have, so these can be updated if necessary. If it’s your first time with this GP, be prepared to give a family history.
3. If you think you need more than 15 minutes with your GP (e.g. if you want to cover more than one issue), please book a long appointment with the receptionist to avoid any disappointment.
4. If you wish to deal with several separate issues (e.g. pap smear, full skin check, immunisation) consider making a separate appointment for each issue. Also, as a nurse may be required for some services, please let reception know as this needs to be booked in conjunction with your Doctor’s appointment.
5. Ask the Doctor to write down specific directions about which you may be unsure.
6. Each person seeing the Doctor needs their own separate appointment.
7. At the end of the consultation be clear whether a follow-up appointment is required.
8. Do not be afraid or embarrassed to tell your Doctor anything.